Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Introducing my lil princess...

Wow. Its been too long since I've been in this space. I missed it. I can't promise regular postings like I've done in the past, but I assure you I will pop in and out just to say hello and share what I've been up to.

Since my last post, I've been quite busy. You see, my lil princess is finally here! Thats my love holding his baby sister. He looks so proud and happy, doesn't he? She made her appearance on October 15, 2011 at 1:50 AM with a full head of hair and weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20.75 inches tall. I grow big babies I say. My love was 8 pounds at 38 weeks. Quite big for asian babies.

It was an easy delivery, except for the fact that I hadn't eaten anything but breakfast that day and my doctor advised me to head to the hospital right away. I was 40 weeks to date, my amniotic fluid was low and I was a mere 3cm dilated.

I arrived at the hospital around noon and was famished by that time. And because of my low amniotic fluid, I was induced through pitocin or oxytocin. So by the time I was fully dilated and ready to push, I was starving and low on energy. Oh, and I didn't ask for my epidural until I was 7cm dilated. BIG mistake! I was in so much pain, especially from the pressure, that even with the epidural I was so uncomfortable. The pitocin worked so quickly. Once I reached 6cm it felt like an eternity for the epidural to be properly administered and working.

With my love, I was in so much pain at 3cm and asked for the epidural right away. Its amazing how each  pregnancy and delivery can be so different. The one thing that remained the same though, was that I delivered both of my babies healthy and recovered pretty quickly. Thank you LORD.

Lil princess at 3 weeks
I am truly blessed. I mean, look at her, she's perfect! I couldn't ask for anything more. Well, except more sleep, quick weight loss...and maybe a third??? Can't believe I just said that. We shall see.

My love has been adjusting well to his baby sister. He wants to hold her and give her kisses. He loves helping with her bath and sometimes he'll be a good big brother and run to me if she spit up a bit in her swing or if he see's her moving. Whenever he see's her move during her nap or in the car seat he yells,"MOVEMENT, mommy!" And of course he heard the hubs and I say that so naturally he'll mimic us.

There were times, during the first couple of weeks, we'd would ask him to keep his voice down, and he'd speak loudly. And when we'd asked him to keep his distance because he was a little under the weather, he would cough on her. You have to giggle at his reactions because he was an only child for a bit and he is after all only 4.

Today is my loves 4th birthday and my lil princess is 6 weeks young. I am truly grateful for my children, my health and my family, friends and neighbors. I love being a mom, even with all its challenges. Its the most rewarding job in the world and one of the most difficult ones too.

Oh have I mentioned that I love babies feet. I like to kiss and nibble on them. And smell them too. Only downfall, you have to stop when your kids notice that you love their feet because they start to copy your behavior...on your feet. I say from experience. And we all know that our feet are not as, shall I say cute...

I promise I'll try and post more often. But I feel that my time right now is dedicated to my children. When my princess is napping I love spending time with my love and I know he enjoys our one on one time together. I know you understand.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wishing you all a even better Christmas. Until next time...

1. Marzena said... November 30, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Beautiful!!! Congratulations! :) Such a sweet little Angel!:)

2. Jennifurla said... November 30, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Congratulations - you make gorgeous kids!

3. chen.esseff said... November 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Congrats!! She is beautiful and your son is growing up to be a handsome boy!

4. Swathi said... November 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM

congrats on your little princess and your cute boy.

5. Zoe said... November 30, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Congratulations! Your little princess is very beautiful and your boy has grown so much.

6. Puja said... November 30, 2011 at 6:15 PM

She is the most precious little thing! What more can you ask for a holiday present :)
    Enjoy your baby!

USMasala

7. Amy Kim said... November 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful! Love her eyes!

8. Sherry said... December 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Both of your children look happy and blessed. Congratulations.

9. Anonymous said... December 1, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Congratulations to your new addition. She's beautiful indeed. May God continue to bless your family.

10. Sommer J said... December 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM

she and my son share the same birthday :) congratulations- she's a doll. i know your little foodie is amazing with her.

11. Lisa said... December 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Such a cutie pie! I've definitely missed your delicious posts but I think this one tops them all.

12. Hyosun Ro said... December 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Congratulations!! She's so beautiful. Your boy has grown so much. Enjoy!

13. Delishhh said... December 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Congratulations - what is her name? I am having a girl in 10 weeks :)

14. Jean said... December 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Hi Lisa. Congrats again on the arrival of your little princess. So nice to see you sharing her with the world on your blog. Happy Birthday to your love, too. You are truly blessed--they are both beautiful!

Happy Holidays!

15. Monet said... December 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Warmest congratulations...she is just preciuos. What a beautiful family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

16. Lawyer Loves Lunch said... December 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM

A big ol' congratulations to your family. She is just beautiful, Lisa! :) And props to you for blogging with two babies. I can barely keep up with just one.

17. Gopika Ram said... December 5, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Heartiest Congratulations. :) Cute pics dear..

18. Kay Heritage said... December 6, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Just catching up with you, Lisa! And CONGRATULATIONS!! What beautiful, beautiful girl you have! She will be your best friend; I love my girl so much! I know you are sleepless now but she will grow so fast, enjoy every moment with your beautiful children. HUGS....

19. Hannah said... December 10, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable! You really do bake some good ones :) Also a very belated happy Birthday to your little man. Don't apologize for not posting as much as you would like, life gets busy and we don't get those moments back, spend them however you wish. We will be here when you get back :)

20. Kim - Liv Life said... December 11, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Congratulations!!! I've been waiting for baby pics and hoping that I hadn't missed them.
    I remember pitocin... however it didn't work so well for me and I ended up with the emergency C-section.
    She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad everyone is adjusting... and good luck on that third!!! :)

21. beyondkimchee said... December 20, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Congratulations! What an adorable little princess you got! My daughter weighted 8lb 11 oz as well when she popped out of my belly/ Babies grow so fast. Enjoy every moments you have with her.

22. Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said... January 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Lisa, she's just so precious! I saw a couple of photos on Facebook weeks ago and I'm sorry it took me so long to come and tell you!
    I miss reading you and can't wait until things might get into a routine and you'll post more often.
    take care of yourself and your family.
    Happy New Year!

23. 선미 (Sunmi) said... January 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Omigosh!! I hadn't been on the blogs for ages, and I come back to find this. Congratulations!! Your daughter is just perfect (and you know I've always been a big fan of your son ^^). Welcome back to the blogosphere, and an especial welcome to the world for your lovely daughter, too!

24. Brandi said... February 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Love the recipes on your blog! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. She's so precious! I bet your little guy loves being a big brother!

25. Fresh Local and Best said... May 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Congratulations Lisa! I was wondering where you had been, and now I know! So precious!

26. Juls said... September 28, 2012 at 3:06 AM

I know this is a little too late but congratulations to you and your family. Babies are such a gift from God.

27. Emily Cichorek said... January 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Wow! Such a angeeeeeeeeel!
    Could I email you with few questions?
    I have korean fiance and I'd like to ask about few things:)

please visit my page:)

PS gonna follow your blog!
    Wish you all best!
    for you and your family!:)