Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brown Butter Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies with Fresh Cranberries

These are the best brownies I've ever tasted. They're ultra rich, moist and the tartness from the fresh cranberries are to die for. And of course I adore brown butter, it adds a wonderfully rich nutty aroma. And the peanut butter swirl, it's the perfect addition. The combination of flavors work really well here.

This was my first home made brownie and I'm so happy with the results. And these decadent treats are super simple to make. I promise. Folks will think you slaved in the kitchen all day once they take a bite.

Adapted from bon appétit
1 Cup Fresh Cranberries (I had some frozen) you could use dried cranberries too
Non Stick Spray

Peanut Butter Swirl Mixture
1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 tbsp Butter, Melted
2 tbsp Agave Syrup

1. Preheat oven to 325º Line a 8x8x2 baking sheet with aluminum foil leaving about 2 inch overhang. Coat evenly with non stick spray.

Look at the expert whisking skills, Good job love!
2. Combine the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and mix to combine in a measuring cup or bowl.

3. Melt the butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes to make your brown butter. The butter will simmer and foam up a bit, remember to stir occasionally. Then the butter will turn clear and golden bits will form. Turn heat off. Pour the butter into the cocoa mixture, add the bittersweet chocolate chips and 2 teaspoon of water and stir to blend. If the chocolate chips have not melted completely, place the batter in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.

3. Add the eggs one at a time beating vigorously each time. Add the flour and stir to combine and beat vigorously for about 60 strokes or until batter appears glossy and thick. Stir in freshly chopped cranberries. I used my mini processor to chop the cranberries.

4. Pour the brownie batter into your aluminum lined baking pan. And prepare your peanut butter swirl mixture by melting the butter and adding the peanut butter and agave syrup. Mix well.

5. Place dollops of the peanut butter mixture to your brownie batter.

6. Take a knife and gently swirl the peanut butter mixture to the brownie batter. I need to work on this technique.

7. Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out pretty much clean with a few crumbs attached. Completely cool and cut into desired size.

Indugle with a cup of coffee, milk or your favorite tea. I bet these would be great for Super Bowl Sunday or any day really. Enjoy!

1. Kim - Liv Life said... February 1, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Oh My!!! The best brownies ever?? I'm sold!! I love brown butter too, and for dessert, the richer the better. OOhhh! These would be so perfect for my Super Bowl Table!!! Wow!!

2. blackbookkitchendiaries said... February 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM

this looks absolutey gorgeous!! i am just drooling over this right now. thanks for sharing this.

3. Juliana said... February 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Lisa, I would definitely have this brownies with a cup of tea...they look delicious :-)

4. Lana said... February 2, 2011 at 2:39 AM

I love chocolate and coffee combination, and I love chocolate and sour fruit combination (we used a lot of cherries in Serbia, but here I am torn between cherries and cranberries:)
    Your brownies look really moist, just like we prefer:)
    Great photo, as usual!
    Judging by your photos from SF, I guess you had a great time:) I just adore that town!

5. Lisa said... February 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM

What a brownie! These sound packed with flavor to make you go mmm with every bite.

6. Sommer J said... February 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM

These look so perfect!! I love all kinds of brownies! Will have to try these with some wazbewwies for mawa! lookie the little foodie! him and mawa can cook together!

7. aipi said... February 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Your brownies looks spectacular Lisa! Thanks for a gorgeous post!

8. Isabelle said... February 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Oh my goodness, these brownies look so chewy and decadent (not to mention pretty, with the swirly pattern on top).
    Love that you decided to use cranberries, too... such an unexpected addition!

9. Chef Dennis said... February 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM

hi Lisa

wow those brownies look so moist and delicious! I would have never thought of cranberries, what an excellent idea!
    I do have question, how are you getting your name on your images? since mine are finally getting better I would like to start doing that
    Cheers
    Dennis

10. ~Lisa~ said... February 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM

These are fantastic folks! The cranberries really does wonders here. And you could totally use cherries too (=

11. Brindusa said... February 6, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I recently discovered dry cranberries (as i don't find fresh here) and I am in love with them. I like very much chocolate - cranberries combination. Love your brownies.
    Have a nice day

12. cooperl788 said... February 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Mmmmm, these are going to be perfect treats to make for my hubby. He loves peanut butter/chocolate combination, not to mention that I love the addition of cranberries!