Tuesday, October 19, 2010
You know, I love chocolate. Now pretzels added to that equation is simply heaven. And of course I had to make a delicious treat using Ghirardelli's LUXE Milk Crisp Bar. So I made some outrageous cookies. You'll die when you taste these.
The crispy & creamy nature of the chocolates paired with salty pretzels combined in a cookie, was absolutely scrumptious. I love sweet and salty concoctions. It was pure joy! I've seen some bloggers use pretzels in cookies and I was dying to make my own.
1/2 Cup Butter (one stick) melted
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I only had a teaspoon of vanilla extract left and it worked just fine, you may use more if you wish)
1-3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup of Broken Pieces of Salted Pretzels
1-1/2 Cups Ghirardelli's LUXE Milk Crisp Bar (two 3 oz bars)
1. Combine the flour, baking powder & soda, salt and sift together, set aside. Preheat your oven to 300º degrees.
2. A) Prepare the chocolates by breaking it into B) small pieces. C) Also break the pretzel's in bite size pieces. D) Cut up the butter and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds, set aside.
3. In a bowl using a whisk or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter & sugars on medium speed and blend until creamy, about 30 seconds. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
4. A) Add the flour mixture slowly to the butter mixture on low speed for 15 seconds. B) Stir in the Ghirardelli's LUXE Milk Crisp Bar using a spatula, mix well. C) Add the pretzels bits and D) mix well.
5. A) Line a baking sheet and create a golf ball sized cookie dough and place about 3 inches apart and gently push down the cookie dough a bit. Bake for 25 minutes. B) Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Some of my favorites things, chocolates and pretzels. What more can a girl ask for. Simply delicious. Grab a glass of milk or a cup of coffee and indulge yourself! Happy baking friends!
Take A Look
- Around The World...
- Asian Fusion
- Breakfast Idea's
- Chinese Cuisine
- Christmas Treats
- Dinner Idea's
- For the adults
- Ice Creams/Tart Frozen Yogurts
- In The Kitchen
- Kids Activities
- Korean Cuisine
- Lunch/Snack Idea's
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Nap Time Reading
- Side DIshes (반찬)
- Smoothies for Foodies
- Thing's ALL mom's should have