Friday, October 15, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Is it weird that I like to feed my family lentils and fried eggs in the morning? Because its the most delicious and savory breakfast idea. Ever. Not sure if others have done this but its very filling and my son devours a plate every time I make this.

This lentil dish is the same lentil recipe used in the Salmon with Du Puy Lentils. Except I used regular green lentils.

We ate this for breakfast this morning. I normally make a batch of lentils and keep in the fridge. I basically added fried eggs (cut with a biscuit cutter, just to make it look nicer) and topped with a pancetta slice. Yep, that's it!

Simple. Delicious. Healthy. Filling. A great start to the day! Enjoy.

1. Lisa said... October 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM

This sounds like a great breakfast to start off the day. Just the thing to fill you up and keep you going with lots of energy to spare.

2. sinfullyspicy said... October 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM

This actually sound a very yum idea! I can imagine it whole heartedly!

3. alison said... October 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM

great start for a day ,indeed!

4. Jennifurla said... October 15, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for the idea, would have never thought of it but it makes perfect taste sense.

5. roxan said... October 15, 2010 at 4:55 PM

This is indeed a wonderful start to the day! I have a huge bag of lentils at home but my husband doesn't really like them so maybe i'll make a batch of them, and eat it for breakfast like you do. :)

6. cooperl788 said... October 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM

This looks awesome! I love everything in this recipe, but never thought to put this all together in one meal. I'm so excited to try it!

7. jose manuel said... October 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM

La verdad es que es un gran desayuno, es un espectaculo para la vista.

8. ~Lisa~ said... October 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Thanks guys. I really love unconventional breakfast foods. Especially ones that are filling and delicious!

9. Monet said... October 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I would have never thought to do this...but what a nutritious (and delicious) way to start your day! Thank you for sharing sweet woman. You are always inspiring me to think outside the box. Have a great weekend!

10. Fun and Fearless in Beantown said... October 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM

This looks like something I would order for brunch on the weekend. What a great hearty dish for breakfast!

11. Hannah said... October 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM

This looks so good! I would totally eat this for breakfast and I think I will have to add it to the grocery list!

12. Gree said... October 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I think this is a great idea, what a high protein, filling breakfast! I used to eat beans and eggs for breakfast a lot, I don't know why I stopped but I think I like the idea of the lentils better!

13. ~Lisa~ said... October 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I love this combo so much, I sometimes eat it for lunch.

@ Gree, you must know the beans beans good for your heart song? hehe thats probably why you stopped. Sorry folks! (=