Thursday, August 12, 2010

Roasted Lemon Chicken

Tonight's dinner post is a special one. I was asked by a fellow mommy blogger, Mama Hen to be a part of her cute little Nestwork! A mommy network where we can share idea's and stories. How kind of her to invite me and feature my recipes and blog. Thank you so much for including me, I truly appreciate it.

Because there are moms with more than one child, moms who work, and moms who need really simple and easy dinner ideas, I decided to showcase a simple but delicious baked lemon chicken. I recently realized what I may consider easy may not be the same for some.

My blog is dedicated to my journey as a new mommy learning how to bake and cook. And along the way I'll be sharing my trials and tribulations of my culinary adventures as well as random stories, my love for photography (by the way I have no special training and still learning everyday) and issues related to raising my wonderful son who is often my sous chef. I hope that my blog inspires others to cook and bake with their children and overcome fears in the kitchen.
1 Whole Roasting Chicken
2 Lemons washed and quartered
1-2 Yellow Onions, Sliced
2 tbsp Unsalted Melted Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 425º degrees. Slice your onion and toss with olive oil and evenly spread out on the bottom of your roasting pan.

2. Take the giblets out of the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper inside the cavity of the chicken. Place the quartered lemons inside the cavity of the chicken as well and place it on top of the onions.

3. Pat the outside of the chicken dry with a paper towel and brush the melted butter all over the chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh.

Simple, delicious and ready to serve! You can serve with your favorite side dish. We had ours with the Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes without the Potatoes.  Enjoy!

1. Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said... August 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM

More power to you there is those of us that do (cook) and those of us do take out. LOL just kidding my cooking skills are so limited that recipes are a most.

Congrats on your feature. I'm following you from Nestwork!

2. Jen said... August 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Oh, that looks delicious! And what a cute little helper you have.

I saw you featured on the Nestwork and wanted to come over and say hi!

3. I'm a full-time mummy said... August 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Yeayyyyy!! Congrats on your featured day in the Nestwork! I'm so happy to you and also proud that the blog I'm following is being featured! Keep up the good work! :D

4. Mama Hen said... August 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Hey Lisa,
    You have a great recipe here for your featured blogger day! You have a yummy blog here and I am happy to have you in the Nestwork!

Mama Hen

5. baking.serendipity said... August 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

What an adorable sous chef! This lemon chicken looks delicious...it's one of my favorite dishes :)

6. Smita Srivastava said... August 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Hello
    Lucky to have found ur wonderful blog through Mama's Little Nework ...
    Must appreciate the great recipes here ... jus loved the Mudslide cookies !!!

- Smita
    ( food ideas for picky lil eaters )

7. Jenn said... August 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM

omg your son is adorable!!! Great looking recipe too!

8. Eastlyn and co. said... August 13, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Hi, Lisa-I'm visiting from Mama Hen's Nestwork. Now following you. The chicken and mock mashed "potatoes" both sound delish. Can't wait to try them as well as check out more of your blog. Congrats on being a featured blogger on the Nestwork. -Eastlyn http://eastlynandcompany.blogspot.com

9. Jinnia said... August 13, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Hi Lisa, your little one is adorable, he looks like he enjoys cooking already :) What a great recipe you shared, looks tasty and simple. Thanks!

Congrats on being featured on the Nestwork! You have a lovely blog and a new follower!

Have a great night!
    Jinnia

10. Sandra said... August 13, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Congrats on your feature over at Nestwork.
    Your helper sure is cute!

11. Maxabella said... August 13, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Visiting from the Nestwork. This look so delicious! I love Korean food so I'll be very happy to keep tabs on what you're up to in the kitchen. I can see you make all kinds of foods from all over the world. How brilliant!

12. Rachel Cotterill said... August 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Visiting from the Nestwork. I'm vegetarian but I know my husband loves lemon chicken :)

13. jose manuel said... August 13, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Me encanta el pollo al limón, y este te ha quedado estupendo.

14. Ruth said... August 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Hey Lisa, congrats on being the first feature!!

Love this and i'm gonna try this out some day...:) Absolutely lovely blog!!

Blessings,
    Ruth

15. Ruth said... August 13, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Hey Lisa, congrats on being the first feature!!

This is absolutely lovely and i'm gonna try it some day..:)and your son is simply adorable!!

16. Spoon and Chopsticks said... August 13, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Delicious looking dish with simple ingredients. I've never tried with lemons stuffed inside the chicken. I'm gonna give it a try.

17. Laura (Recetas Trucos Tips) said... August 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hola!

that must be delicious!

very good recipe

saludos desde España

18. cooperl788 said... August 13, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Yay Lisa!! I was so excited to go to Mama's Little Nestwork and see you featured! As for this recipe, we make our roast chicken like this as well. I sometimes will mix it up by swapping out half the lemon for oranges. It's absolutely delicious. Mmmm... maybe I'll be making it this weekend! Congrats again!

19. parkanista said... August 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM

YUMMY!!! I'm so glad I clicked on the link from Nestwork now I know what's for dinner here tonight. I am definitely following you now, I need all the help I can get coming up with new meals!

20. Ashley said... August 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Your receipes look delicious! I also like the clean look of your pics. I know two recipes I want to try this weekend, the mudslide cookies and the shrimp and tomato basil pasta. Yummy!!

21. Jen @ BigBinder said... August 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hi :) I came over from Mama Hen. This is my first real network attempt and I am loving the bloggers I am meeting! OK first - I totally know what you mean about other people thinking something isn't easy when you might think it is - I do that ALL THE TIME in my recipes. Second, I've made this recipe before and it is AMAZING, and third, I've been to South Korea several times and loved loved loved it - especially the food - so I'm off to explore your blog. Congrats on being featured!

22. Allied Moms said... August 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What a great recipe! here from Mama Hen! =)

23. ~Lisa~ said... August 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

24. Adeena said... August 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Visiting from Mama Hen.

I love lemon chicken!! Tastes so good, and is so simple.

Your kitchen helper is pretty adorable. ;)

25. Federica said... August 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

ciao Lisa!!adoro il pollo!deve essere squisita questa preparazione!!
    bellissimo il tuo bimbo!!un abbraccio!!!ciao!

26. Monet said... August 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Congratulations! You are so deserving of this honor because each of your posts are thoughtful, creative and feature a delicious yet simple recipe. I love what you do!

27. Magic of Spice said... August 13, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I am telling you, little man is a budding chef :) What a perfect roasted chicken...Beautiful, and the lemon adds such a freshness.

28. Karli said... August 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Oooh, this looks WONDERFUL! And I love how it looks so elegant, but there's not 50 ingredients - thank you! :-) Your little helper is ADORABLE! Visiting from the Nestwork. Happy Friday! :-)

29. Heather said... August 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Ah!!! Your little sous chef is soo cute!! That does look taste!! I am following you know via Moms Little Nestwork! :)

Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

30. coloredgrains said... August 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Wow... Looks like heaven !!!

-Kaus
    @ColoredGrains

31. Chef Dennis said... August 13, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Since I don't eat beef, I do eat chicken 2 or 3 times a week, I am always looking for new ways to tease my tastebuds....your chicken looks so very very good!! I love cooking whole chicken they are so juicy and tender.
    thanks for sharing your recipe, its a keeper!

32. Jessica Guthrie said... August 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Stopping in from Mamas Nest and wanted to say hi and i am a new follower. i am glad I found you blog because I can't cook and I have a whole chicken sitting in my freezer waiting for me to do something with. I am going to try this! Thank you. Stop by anytime at www.miamamiah.com

33. Tree said... August 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM

YUMMY!! I love chicken cooked anyway. :) Your little helper is adorable. LOL Coming over from Mama's Little Nestwork, and following you now!

Tree @ Mother of Pearl It Is

34. Robin @ Blommi said... August 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

You can never go wrong with a simple recipe, that has well chosen ingredients like this one.

35. ajcabuang04 said... August 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Your chicken looks awesome!! Looks so moist and I love the perfect golden brown color!!! Looks delicious!

36. Cari said... August 13, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Popping in from the Nestwork. Adorable little guy you have! The food looks great, can't wait to try some.

37. tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron said... August 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I've tried similar recipe and it tasted so good! I bet this tastes delicious and the chicken is so moist! You food always makes me drool in front of the computer!

38. Lori said... August 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM