I was not really a great fan of the food shows that are telecasted on the television. In fact, I never batted an eye to all those tele vision shows that showed recipes and stuff like that because I thought they used very expensive ingredients which made them complicated. As time passed by, I could see that many of my friends were really getting some inspiration from these TV shows and were able to cook some delicious recipes. This fact, somehow led me to watch the TV shows that telecasted the recipes. I slowly learnt that it was a myth that these TV shows chefs use very expensive ingredients and thus are pretty complicated.
I slowly started to follow a couple of TV cooking shows and took home some incredibly delicious recipes. I’ve been sharing many of them here in my blogs and this one too is one of them inspired by my TV recipes shows. Hook on to this article and learn how to make the sweet potato goat cheese.
Ingredients required to make the recipe:
- 2 cups of baked sweet potatoes
- Half a cup of ricotta cheese
- Half a cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/8th tablespoon of black pepper
Directions to make this recipe:
- Pre heat your oven to about 400 degrees. Now, bake your sweet potatoes in this pre heated oven. Now, rub the olive oil on these sweet potatoes on either side. Pierce holes into these sweet potatoes using a fork and allow the steam which is trapped inside to escape. This is basically done to cool down the effect of the steaming sweet potatoes. Now, bake the sweet potatoes again until they are really smooth and nice. Peel off the skin of the sweet potato, allowing it to cool down.
- After a while, add the goat cheese, maple syrup, black pepper, salt and ricotta to the sweet potatoes and blend all the ingredients together.
- Take a small pot of water. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt to it. Let it boil for 5 to 10 minutes. When the water is boiling, you must add the raviolis to it and boil it for 5 minutes.
- The filling that you will be getting at this point of time is extremely creamy and also savory. Especially, the earthiness of the goat cheese makes all the difference to the recipe.
The best way of eating this is to couple it with, the oniony butter sauce. Read on to learn how to make the oniony butter sauce that you must be coupling with the sweet potato dish.
You will need:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 large sweet onion that is sliced into tiny pieces or is chopped
- Salt and pepper that is required for enhancing the taste
Directions for making the oniony butter sauce
- Take a large skillet and heat it over the medium or the high flame. Add some butter and the EVOO to it. Later, add the chopped onions to it and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat by reducing the flame to low flame. Now, saute the onions carefully and also toss them occasionally. Allow the onions to turn into golden brown. Let it fry for about 10 to 15 minutes.
And voila! Your oniony butter sauce is ready to mingle with your sweet potatoes recipe. This recipe goes well with almost any recipe and is absolutely loved by everyone, especially my kids totally fell in love with this recipe. Time to check it out, now!